Monday, February 25, 2008

Grocery Hook for Car Seat

Here's the first project, and it's something that takes only 5 minutes to put together once you managed to get the parts. They can be bits and pieces of things you already have lying around the house.
Dissatisfied with similar hooks bought at automotive shops, I decided to put this together with parts that I can find easily. 
Below are the supplies used:

- 2 recycled keyrings,
- A looped nylon strap (I took mine from a keyholder, but you can also use a velcro cable-tie, or any kind of flexible loop strong enough to hold some weight),
- A flat s-hook (I bought mine from Daiso, but you might be able to find them hardware or kitchen supplies stores)
Photobucket

Simply put the pieces together, using a pair of pliers to clamp one end of the s-hook around the keyring so that it doesn't come off easily. To prevent the pliers from scratching the hook during clamping, you might want to wrap a piece of rag around the hook first.
If you're concerned about the ring scratching the pole of the headrest, cut a small piece of similar sized rubber tubing and slot it into the headrest pole. You can even stick on your favorite badge to the strap to give it a totally customized look.

So there you have it, the first mini DIY project. That wasn't too hard, was it?

2 comments:

KC said...

Hi. I really enjoyed my brief visit on your site and I’ll be sure to be back for more.
Can you please consider placing my website on your link list?

Please email me back.

Thanks!
Kevin
kevincollins1012 gmail.com

brittanymlemay said...

Very interesting blog. Alot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that I'm interested in, but I'm most definately interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know. semi truck stickers